I love visiting schools and work across all age ranges and key stages.
I can visit for a morning, a whole day or a whole term! I've enjoyed doing lots of longer term work in schools, working on over a dozen Creative Partnership projects between 2008- 2012, including a four year stint as a resident poet at a school for pupils with behavioural and emotional difficulties. More recently I have worked on literacy projects with schools at The National Horseracing Museum, Southend Libraries and Hastings Pier Trust.
A typical day's visit would include
- A performance or two performances to the whole school or individual Key Stages
- Hour long workshops in 3 or 4 classes.
It can also include
- Whole day workshops with selected pupils to produce a performed poem on a theme
- Working with specific students, for example dyslexic students to explore their experiences through poetry
- Themed workshops to fit in with your curriculum, topics or special celebrations.
I have a recent DRB certificate and full public liability insurance.
To enquire about a booking, please email email@example.com